Hello to all the hunters out there.
Hi there,
I started my Goats about 8 months ago with a couple of young weathers but have since added a Seven year old Toggenburg and two Sannan wethers about two year old. I think im the first in New Zealand to try hunting with pack goats so I'm on a big learning curve. MY new Packs and gear have just arrived so ill be heading for the hills in a couple of weeks. My main hunting here is Himalayan Tahr. Im hopping the goats will change the hole way I can hunt. Being able to carry all your gear will get me to places most hunters never get to. I would love to here from some of the other hunters who are using Goats and how it all works out for you.
Welcome, great to hear you have started using Packgoats in New Zealand! I think it will help a lot hunting game there. I am curious how game will react when they see your goats. Good luck and be sure to share some pics!
Welcome and cant wait for pictures and stories Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Welcome! I'd love to hear your stories and see photos! Where in New Zealand are you located? I visited your lovely country during my senior year of high school and I will never forget it. I was only on the north island for three weeks and spent most of my time working at a youth camp, but even the little bit that I saw was beautiful.
Welcome to the group! My family and I are just getting goats together for hunting and packing. Haven't done any hunting with them yet, and only hiking because of their ages. What type of animals do you hunt? Sorry I can't give you specific insights yet. Hope to see lots of pictures from your adventures.
I am curious how the chamois and tahr will react to the goats? Can't wait to hear.
(02-20-2015, 11:06 PM)Nanno Wrote: Welcome! I'd love to hear your stories and see photos! Where in New Zealand are you located? I visited your lovely country during my senior year of high school and I will never forget it. I was only on the north island for three weeks and spent most of my time working at a youth camp, but even the little bit that I saw was beautiful.

Hi there,
Im living in Timaru south Island. we have some very nice country within a hour drive from my place. A lot of the "Lord Of The Rings" was filmed in the same country I hunt in. Im planning a intro hunt for the goats in the next two weeks, Will keep the walk quite small to help condition the Goats, And me. Ill be making a video of the first adventure so I may be able to put a link somehow.

(02-21-2015, 08:43 AM)michael Wrote: Welcome to the group! My family and I are just getting goats together for hunting and packing. Haven't done any hunting with them yet, and only hiking because of their ages. What type of animals do you hunt? Sorry I can't give you specific insights yet. Hope to see lots of pictures from your adventures.

Hi there,
We have a lot of Tahr in our area and some Chamois. There is also plenty of Fallow deer and Red deer in the many places. We don't have a hunting season in NZ because
all wild animals are seen as pests. This is starting to change through the efforts of seventy years of campaigning from NZ deer Stalkers. We would love to see game management to protect both the animals and the environment.

(02-21-2015, 10:24 AM)nebs Wrote: I am curious how the chamois and tahr will react to the goats? Can't wait to hear.

Yip, that's on my mind to, A lot of my hunting friends think i'm a little mad taking goats, but they are all watching with interest to see what happens. I have one British Alpine that looks just like a Chamois, Chamois are very easy to coach down in the rut
when they are looking for mates, I thing my goat ''Cham" will be irresistible to them.