Goat keeps challaging me and other people
I need some advice here, My Goat MOOSE (Alpine goat) when he's with me by himself he come by he's name, stops, does everthing a packgoat should do.
Now the kicker when somebody else is with me he challages me and runs his horns towards the other person. I do throw him on the ground and sit on him then he's fine for a little while. What else can I do to stop him from doing this. thanks for the advice.
Ugh... that sounds way too much like my old goat, Cuzco. We dealt with that problem by bringing squirt guns when we hike with other people. We make sure our friends are armed too. Another idea is a shock collar. It's more expensive, but it works really well and you don't have to tell your friends how to manage your goat. Remember to use a verbal command just as you deliver a squirt or a zap. Good luck!
^^^ great advice. He needs to understand that all people are the boss.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Thanks guys I will definitely try these solutions
On the old "Packgoat Forum" we had a excellent discussion on a thread devoted to problem goat behaviors or a title like that. Rex and others many offered suggestions. Many of his teachings can be found on the website for his business Northwest Packgoats and Supplies. On the right hand side you will find a "helpful tips" tabs and a "Problem Goat" tab. You may find some good information there. My favorite training tool for my teenage goat was a fog horn which worked fabulous and a super soaker. The fog horn was loud and the goat was being a brat. I surprised him with the noise and chased him. I only did that once. He has never rear at me since that day in 2008 (no, he is not deaf now). Flipping the goat helped for a while but the horn ended the problem. The super soaker is a pump action squirt gun that reaches 25 feet.