Hello From Alberta, Canada
Hello Everyone! New to the forum, but have been enjoying goats now for 15 years. Anyone else packing in Alberta?
Helo and welcome to PGC!!!! We hope you enjoy this forum Big Grin
My words have power...And so do yours.
My website: https://sydev.us
Welcome! We're so glad you're here! Looks like I need to update the snapshot of our "Members Map"!
Welcome to the forum! I'd love to hear more about packing adventures in Alberta!
Goatberries Happen!
Welcome to the forum!! Not sure about packers in Canada but there is a ton of info to be gleaned here and great people to chat with.
Welcome!
(12-26-2014, 09:41 AM)Nanno Wrote: Welcome! We're so glad you're here! Looks like I need to update the snapshot of our "Members Map"!

Well, if you put a little pin just about 3 clicks north of Stirling, Alberta you will be right on target. We pack up in the South Castle River area...just outside Waterton Park (which is attached to Glacier).

(12-26-2014, 08:33 PM)michael Wrote: Welcome to the forum!! Not sure about packers in Canada but there is a ton of info to be gleaned here and great people to chat with.

Thank you Michael! I'm enjoying this forum immensely already! Looking forward to learning how the rest of you make a go of it!
Welcome!

I know exactly where you are as my sister used to live in the Village of Stirling for several years, I used to date a girl from there & graduated from Magrath High... I also used to hunt near there. My parents still live in Magrath, my sister since moved to Hill Spring but I still have friends there.

Btw, my family also has property just outside of Waterton near Beazer... Awesome country, glad to see someone packing it. Been thinking about hauling mine up to pack there but am unsure of the hassles crossing the border with them etc.

Take care & welcome!

TOU

PS What kind of goats? Any pictures? Packing?
Very cool, we are just south of Glacier park. Would be interesting to meet in the park sometime. We don't have our passports in order (never needed them on past visits to canada) but it would be fun to hike up your way.
(12-30-2014, 07:39 AM)TOU Wrote: Welcome!

I know exactly where you are as my sister used to live in the Village of Stirling for several years, I used to date a girl from there & graduated from Magrath High... I also used to hunt near there. My parents still live in Magrath, my sister since moved to Hill Spring but I still have friends there.

Btw, my family also has property just outside of Waterton near Beazer... Awesome country, glad to see someone packing it. Been thinking about hauling mine up to pack there but am unsure of the hassles crossing the border with them etc.

Take care & welcome!

TOU

PS What kind of goats? Any pictures? Packing?

Incredible! That is that you know that Stirling is actually a village and not a town! So...this is my first shot at packing in Alberta. I had pack goats in Idaho and also Kentucky. My new pack string is young and we've only done training runs. So far, the humans are the packers, but we have high hopes for the trainees!

More later!