Pack Goat Ban in the Wind River Range
Would like to give a hats off to Curtis King (Burbank, WA.) He was the only one able to make it to the meeting Friday night concerning the proposed closure of pack goats (and other proposes planning for the Umatilla National Forest). Curtis took the time and effort to prepared a 2+ page response that he read to the panel. (Further details will have to come from Curtis). From what I hear from him, it went very well and even got him into the locale paper. I hope he finds the time to post some of the highlights. Here is his mention in the artical:

The proposed management plan also addresses more separation of domestic sheep and goats from bighorn sheep.
That's a problem for Curtis King of Burbank, who spoke on behalf of the North Amercian Pack goat Association.
Science has not shown that disease is transmitted from packgoats to bighorn sheep, making closing areas to packgoats unjustified, he said. Packgoats are low-impact animals, used by people ranging from Boy Scouts to the elderly to carry tents, stoves and food, he said.
There are less-restrictive alternatives that could be considered to keep the domestic and wild animals from coming in contact with each other, he said.

Curtis King was the one who got me into the pack goats and gave us the push we needed to start selling prospects. His enthusiasm and dedication to pack goating was/is infectious. I for one am not only glad I had the good fortune of meeting him, but that I can now call him friend. Way to go Curtis!
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)

Messages In This Thread
Pack Goat Ban in the Wind River Range - by Saph - 01-17-2014, 10:25 AM
RE: Pack Goat Ban in the Wind River Range - by Dave-Trinity-Farms - 04-05-2014, 02:47 PM