Jethro is sick.
Poor guy! I'm glad the vet saw him. Will be watching thread for update. Fingers crossed for continued improvement. Heart Heart
I hope he pulls through for you. Do you think C&D antitoxin could help? If he's shivering, what about a blanket? I hope he's much better in the morning!
How is Jethro this morning?
Jethro is still alive and somewhat improved. His stool is becoming more formed, he has nibbled at food a little and he is more alert. I still haven't seen him drink water but he must have since he isn't dehydrated. The vet said the reasons Jethro is shivering are because of the pain and because he hasn't eaten so there's no fire to keep him warm. He didn't want me to give him more banamine because it slows the system down and he doesn't want me to blanket him. The vet said to give him yogurt to help his gut so he gets that when he gets his penicillin & thiamine. I don't want to stress him any more often than I have to.
Goatberries Happen!
(11-21-2014, 10:16 AM)Taffy Wrote: Jethro is still alive and somewhat improved. His stool is becoming more formed, he has nibbled at food a little and he is more alert. I still haven't seen him drink water but he must have since he isn't dehydrated. The vet said the reasons Jethro is shivering are because of the pain and because he hasn't eaten so there's no fire to keep him warm. He didn't want me to give him more banamine because it slows the system down and he doesn't want me to blanket him. The vet said to give him yogurt to help his gut so he gets that when he gets his penicillin & thiamine. I don't want to stress him any more often than I have to.
Good to hear Taffy, I wish him and you the best. BTW, because of the shotgun effect of antibiotics, I NEVER give them to man or beast with out probiotics anymore. I get that your vet is basically trying to do that with the yogurt, but when you can I would add one specifically...just my limited opinion. Wink
Jethro is getting probios. Like you, I think replenishing the good bacteria is important - especially when on antibiotics.
Goatberries Happen!
So glad to hear he is getting better. Nothing more stressful than a sick baby.
Taffy, how is Jethro? I've been pretty anxious about him!
I am one very happy person! When I looked out the window this morning I watched Jethro chewing his cud! He's eating and drinking! It's like an early Christmas present!
Goatberries Happen!
Oh happy day!! I'm so relieved to hear this kind of news. Big Grin