Professional Rose Trimmer
It was time to trim the roses so I let the goats in the back yard to do the job. Big Grin

.jpg   Time to prune the roses.jpg (Size: 52.48 KB / Downloads: 30)
Goatberries Happen!
I've noticed mine only want so much of the roses. You'd think they'd eat till they popped but they move on after eating a couple of sprigs.
I love it!!!

I'll never forget the time Cuzco broke his tether while I was out one afternoon and he got into my young rose bushes. I had five or six plants and he ate all of them right down to the dirt. I was so mad and upset I could've cried (if crying were my thing), but the innocent look on Cuzco's face helped me keep perspective. And you know, he did me a favor. Those roses came back huge and full the next season and I discovered that roses really do like aggressive pruning. Thank you Cuzco!
This is my first year owning goats, and it amazes me some of the thorny, sharp things they eat!
I don't let them near my tea roses but the knockout roses have to be cut back to 18" tall every year so I let them eat all they want of them! They also like the blackberry and wild rose bushes in some of the areas we hike. I've noticed they seem to eat everything but the big thorns and thicker branches. My mouth gets sore just thinking about it!
Goatberries Happen!
Mine love those goathead/tackweeds that puncture bike tires. They love to gobble them up leaves, vines, hardened seeds, and all! I don't know how they do it.