Birthing Positions
I can hardly wait to see the kids and have full faith that Lilly will have an easy kidding. She's in great shape with all of the exercise she gets. Post lots of photos!
Goatberries Happen!
Thanks for this info. I am a ways away from any kidding but doing a lot of research. Good luck everybody with your kids.
Ive been birthing baby goaties for more years then I care to admit. Just us posted and we will help ya through it when the time comes Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
I printed this guide out and put it in my kidding box. It came in handy when Petunia's twins came malpresented. Unfortunately, we started out with something not in the guide--head presented but no legs. I pushed the head back to find the legs, and when I had the legs the head had disappeared and I ended up with a head back malpresentation--oops. I visualized the picture I'd studied in the guide. Thank goodness Petunia was very roomy and it actually ended up being easier to turn the head around than the guide made it sound. I can imagine it would be a lot more trouble with a smaller or tighter doe. With Petunia it was like fishing around inside my grandmother's purse--all the room in the world; can't find anything you're looking for. Thankfully we had a happy ending, but I'm hoping we don't have any "exciting" kiddings next season. Good luck with yours!