Hike on a Gorgeous Fall Day
My husband, dog, goats and I went for a hike today. It was a gorgeous fall day. The goats all had a great time eating the blackberry bushes and checking out the new area. If there was a stump or log they had to climb it.

I have come to the realization that even if we don't have the high peaks and wilderness that is normally thought of when goat packing - I can enjoy the lands I do have to hike and the goats that give me so much pleasure.

I ordered a Sopris Rookie Saddle with intermediate packs today. I'm excited to try it on Jethro while I wait for Bourbon and Banjo to grow up. They're 5 & 6 months old now and jump right into the trailer to head out for an adventure.

Life is definitely good! Big Grin

Fuzzy and Joules in a glen.

.jpg   Fuzzy and Joules in glen.jpg (Size: 74.97 KB / Downloads: 31)

Gathering along the trail.

.jpg   Gathering along the trail.jpg (Size: 102.09 KB / Downloads: 31)

Goats at the pond.

.jpg   Goats at the pond.jpg (Size: 59.65 KB / Downloads: 30)
Goatberries Happen!
Definitely beautiful!!!!
Looks fun. Smile
My words have power...And so do yours.
My website: https://sydev.us
Quote:I have come to the realization that even if we don't have the high peaks and wilderness that is normally thought of when goat packing - I can enjoy the lands I do have to hike and the goats that give me so much pleasure.

^ I love this. Phil and I aren't hard-core back-country adventurers who spend weeks in rugged wilderness either, but we love taking our goats out to explore the more accessible places around us, and we know the goats love it too. Hiking just isn't the same without a goat following faithfully along behind.

Beautiful pictures, by the way!
Every region has it's own kind of beauty. Great pics Taffy!