Crazy Muskrat!
This afternoon we were hiking along a stream by one of our hay fields and I saw the craziest thing. A muskrat was "herding" 3 Mallard ducks up the stream! He would zigzag back and forth pushing them forward. He charged the drake and made it fly off. Then he kept herding the two hens until they finally flew off. After that he swam back down the stream and disappeared. All I can figure is he thought the ducks were too close to his home. I've never seen anything like it before! Crazy muskrat!
Goatberries Happen!
LOL woulda been a great time for a camcorder Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Haha Smile
My words have power...And so do yours.
My website: https://sydev.us
Crazy muskrat!! Big Grin
If you trap, a good muskrat was running $10 to $15 each. My friend traps a couple hundred every year for fun.
(10-10-2014, 02:45 AM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: LOL woulda been a great time for a camcorder Smile

or an Iphone..... Big Grin
Matt
I don't own a camcorder. I tried using my smart phone to video it (I just got it). It was the first time I'd used that feature. The "video" was of the ground and a little of the stream. Undecided I've played with it since so now I know how to use it! It would have been an awesome video to share. My husband and I were laughing hard watching the muskrat herd the ducks!
Goatberries Happen!
(10-10-2014, 04:58 PM)nebs Wrote: If you trap, a good muskrat was running $10 to $15 each. My friend traps a couple hundred every year for fun.

Hello All
I have trapped muskrats myself. 
Yes for fur.
But a little known fact is they are GOOD eating too. 
All white meat, not much fat, pure vegetarian, Clean always in the water. Reproduces quickly in the wild.
Skin and then clean like you would a big squirrel cook like you would pan fried chicken , or brown up and put in a crock pot or dutch oven and make the best stew you ever had. 
Note : If you are serving to company don't tell them what the meat is till after supper. Smile Have fun watching them.  
Pan fried with some BBQ  is great, serve it chunked up like chicken nuggets.ETC.
Happy Trails
Good Eating
hihobaron
One of those was found dead in the yard this spring. I don't know how it got here-- We're not that close to water at all. Probably a dog killed it-- Hopefully not Sasha. I always wondered what adventures it had seen in order to get this far. Seemed healthy other than being dead.