Newbie here
So my wife and I do alot of hunting we have had Nigerian's for alittle over a year, we have bought 3 Alpine wether's the last couple of months, and got saddle's for 2 or the 3, looking forward too packing with them in a year or 2, 2 of them are 7 months and 1 is 5 months old, hope too put some post's on here and learn alot, we have been training the older 2 since we got them in August, the other one we just picked up yesterday, but he follows with out a lead right at your side, just thought I would introduce my self, my wife will probably make a Screen name on here also,
Matt
Welcome Matt! What state do you live in? I too love duck hunting. Don't be a stranger, and we can't wait to see pics of your goats and adventures.
Yes, welcome to PackGoat Central! We hope to hear of your goat packing adventures!
you will, hopefully i'll get them out next summer on a few trips.... being there only 7 months or less, I didn't have any plans on taking them out this fall, I live in SW Idaho, just getting all the training learned right now, practicing leading and the "here" command that way I don't have too fight them too get haltered up and ready too go,
Matt
There is a ton of info to mine from this site. Enjoy! Happy hunting!
Welcome Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
(10-08-2014, 07:21 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: Welcome Smile

thanks, i've checked your site out, great looking goats, you still have one left I believe that I saw, how much you want for it?
Matt
Sorry DS, the last boy actually was picked up by our Vet, Matt. We are just holding him till he can find the time come get him. Matt is unbelievably busy. He is such a good vet as a few members on here can testify too. He bought up my last free saddle and pannier set to. But we are already breeding and will replenish the stock next year. We did a large cut back on our numbers so they will be quite a bit fewer of them but packgoatcenteral people will always have first picks. After the hunting season is outta the way Ill be looking to clear up the waiting list and start taking names. Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
(10-10-2014, 02:44 AM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: Sorry DS, the last boy actually was picked up by our Vet, Matt. We are just holding him till he can find the time come get him. Matt is unbelievably busy. He is such a good vet as a few members on here can testify too. He bought up my last free saddle and pannier set to. But we are already breeding and will replenish the stock next year. We did a large cut back on our numbers so they will be quite a bit fewer of them but packgoatcenteral people will always have first picks. After the hunting season is outta the way Ill be looking to clear up the waiting list and start taking names. Smile

i'm actually maybe considering getting a 2 year old too help me teach the young one's a thing or two, but it seems the run $$$ a few dollars..... I got 3 now, I figure I can do a whole elk boned out with 3 and myself, but there still at least a 1 1/2 years out, since there only 7 months and 1 is 5 months, I figure I will start packing them about 20% there body weight at 2 than 30% at 3 years of age, does that sound about right? my goats are very conditioned, they get walked about and played with at least 3 times a week,
Matt