please help
Question 
so today we went to trim our goats hooves and she didn't do this before but we tied her up I slightly lifted her head I don't think enough to hurt her and then when we were done she would start flipping her head so the top of it would be facing the ground we weren't out there long so I don't know if she was doing it before and shes been sooooo lazy I am really worried she doesn't have super mucus-y nose and eyes no slobbering other information that might be a factor on Wednesday we brought my goats to the vet for a CAE test and they got blood taken out of there necks and we loaded them in a pickup truck no trailer so could she have fallen and hurt herself or something I am worried she is a lovely girl

thank you all so much for the responses I really appreciate it

oh almost forgot in the last week and a half she has been driven in the back of our truck 3-4 times and she is a 6 or 7 year old goat

like this cow but sticking out teeth

Attached Files
.jpg   wierd cow.jpg (Size: 8.77 KB / Downloads: 47)
A little hard to follow but Ill see if I cant give some info. If the goat was tied up by the neck and any pressure was keep on the main blood vessels on the side of her neck then you more or less choked her out. Kinda like how they do in MMA. It doesnt take long, just seconds in fact but if done over a longer period of time allowing at least a little blood to the brain then once untied this could happen. I am guessing that she was fine in a minute or so if it wasnt to bad and within 5-10 minutes if the brain had just a slight blood flow to it. Again, this is all just a guess.

As for transporting, just make sure to transport goats in say a canopy or a enclosed trailer during the cooler months. They can get pneumonia (shipping fever) and be dead within a day.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Not real sure what you are describing with the head flipping? Did this behavior just start, or was just noticed? Is she still acting funny? Was the rope tight? How long has she been "lazy?" Is she eating?, are her poops normal ? any diarrhea? can you get a temperature on her? (important for diagnosis) (use a reg thermometer rectally) Does she have any rumen sounds? Sorry for all the questions, but need more info to try to diagnose if there is a problem Smile
Thank you Dave that sound exactly right she was fine in a couple minutes but I worry she's older and a great doe by the way it has a topper thanks for the warning though glad I'm a member hear
No worries Smile The choke thing happens quite a bit. You can even be walking a resistant goat who doesnt wanna be lead and have it happen fast. They get real unsteady on their legs and shake. Then all better within 15-30 seconds. See it mostly in fairs and shows from people dragging their goats.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
This is great to know about, thank you for the insights.