Fencing
Ok goat fans I have a fencing question. We currently have a run in shelter for our 3 wether's and I have used the 50" cattle panels for the immediate area around the shelter 16x20. I have currently started cutting logs in the cut behind our house for fence posts and almost have the acre of pasture posted. My thought was to use the panels through the woods (ugly side). I (wife) would like to see something a little more esthetic. So far my boss seem to respect the hot wire when they are in their current pasture. Any suggestions? I was almost thinking of using rebar? 1/4" rebar as my horizontal.
You could use 3 wire electric fencing,Which is a easy and flexible option. My goats respected 2 wire electric fencing till they figured they could jump between the wire. Tongue
Also,another option is 6ft (don't go shorter than that if you are going to have baby goats in the pen) stock fencing,with either 6 in holes(not recommended since baby goats love to slip through) or 4inch.
Stock fencing is not the easiest to put up,but it is a very long lasting and hardy option.
Hope i helped. Wink
My words have power...And so do yours.
My website: https://sydev.us
I moved your question down to the "Fencing" section of the website if you don't mind. Smile

If you're looking for something aesthetically pleasing, something like this might work for you:

That was a fence we put up at our old house when we lived in a zoned neighborhood. We needed something to keep the goat in, keep dogs out, and look nice at the same time. I think this fence answered all those needs, except that the gates needed to be closer to the ground to deter small dogs. We had small dogs crawl under twice. If I had goats that were climbers or if we'd had problems with bears, it would have been super easy to add electric wire without diminishing the eye appeal. It wasn't the cheapest fence in the world, but it worked well and looked good doing it.