Sweeny Ridge picnic hike
Hiked up to the top of Sweeny Ridge just south of San Francisco today (you can see part of SF from the top, and you can see the bay and the Pacific Ocean.) Had a picnic and visited the abandoned graffiti building. I even found Putnik's name written inside one of the graffitied structures! Wink It was a beautiful day and Putnik carried the champagne and snacks. It was only a 15 minute drive from the goat pen and I left the other two goats at home since I have to keep him and the dog on leads here because there is a lot of poison oak on the sides and I can't risk getting from them. Fun day!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   1521811_10152493735792678_594491302_n.jpg (Size: 25.89 KB / Downloads: 62)
.jpg   993497_10152494202482678_1105312120_n.jpg (Size: 33.91 KB / Downloads: 62)
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
What awesome pictures! So much fun.
Nice photos! Champagne and snacks on a sunny day overlooking San Francisco in the company of those you love - goat, dog and your significant other. Priceless!
Goatberries Happen!
If only I had a significant other! Hard to find a guy in SF for a girl like me. The man in the photo is my ex-landlord and good friend.

The bummer is there are so many trails to hike on in the Bay Area, but I usually can't because there is too much poison oak everywhere Sad I never used to get it. But that's not the case anymore.
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
(01-06-2014, 10:32 AM)Saltlick Wrote: If only I had a significant other! Hard to find a guy in SF for a girl like me. The man in the photo is my ex-landlord and good friend.

The bummer is there are so many trails to hike on in the Bay Area, but I usually can't because there is too much poison oak everywhere Sad I never used to get it. But that's not the case anymore.

If you can't wear camo, not the right place to live.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
Great photos! Putnik is awesome!
Nice goat graffiti shots!

-Phil
My husband and I live on the side of Mt. Hamilton in San Jose east. I know there are some horse friendly trails there, so probably boats will be ok. It will be a while before I'm ready to take my goats on the trail (they've been boarded for a while and are out of condition). In the mean time, would you like the company of a married couple on the hiking trail? We can't be a significant other, but might offer safety in numbers and someone to talk to.
Hi Amy! Of course! I'd love to hike with you guys. Smile It would be great to meet some other goat people in the area! Email or call me any time greasydogs@gmail.com 415-646-5715. Yay!
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
Looks like a fun time, thanks for sharing the pic'sSmile