Mr. Moon Explores the World
My worst experiences with non-peeing goats were always at dairy shows. It's disastrous if your dairy goat refuses to drink for 2 days. She gets that horrible sunken look as though you've been starving her and her udder is only half full. Makes me so frustrated when they do that! I discovered Gatorade powder at about my 3rd show, and that made them drink, but it stained their beards blue or orange or whatever color the Gatorade was. (Yes, I'm the weirdo who carefully shampoos, trims, and combs my does' beards but refuses to shave them just to achieve a particular "show look". I fluff and trim their tails too, but I will not shave them into a paint brush. It's undignified to shave a doe's tail and leave her lady bits exposed to flies, wind, and sun. The judge only has to look at my goats for 5 minutes, but I have to look at them all the rest of the time, so I don't shave beards or tails!) Tongue
(03-02-2024, 06:53 PM)Nanno Wrote: My worst experiences with non-peeing goats were always at dairy shows. It's disastrous if your dairy goat refuses to drink for 2 days. She gets that horrible sunken look as though you've been starving her and her udder is only half full. Makes me so frustrated when they do that! I discovered Gatorade powder at about my 3rd show, and that made them drink, but it stained their beards blue or orange or whatever color the Gatorade was. (Yes, I'm the weirdo who carefully shampoos, trims, and combs my does' beards but refuses to shave them just to achieve a particular "show look". I fluff and trim their tails too, but I will not shave them into a paint brush. It's undignified to shave a doe's tail and leave her lady bits exposed to flies, wind, and sun. The judge only has to look at my goats for 5 minutes, but I have to look at them all the rest of the time, so I don't shave beards or tails!) Tongue

Oh I bet that's a problem at shows! Haha yeah, much rather have colored beards than no beards at all!  Big Grin
Breeding Kinders in Western NC since 2019