Escaped buck
Sad 
So today I get a text from our boarder saying that her buck which can't be contained has gotten into my goats pen possibly breeding her i was just driving home from vacation he's a Pygmy that has never been CAE or CL tested and this could be the dams fault but som of the kids he's thrown has had three teats and when I went to feed her she was seeming to be entering or leaving heat it's a big bummer she was my only goat meaning my only packer and the kids will probably be a bit small to pack with but I do have a couple questions

How long till she will show signs of pregnancy?

Once she dries up can she pack again or will it be too uncomfortable?

What are the chances of him giving her CAE or CL?

And last how much can I probably sell the kids for?

Thanks for all the help
(08-08-2014, 10:28 PM)ledel Wrote: So today I get a text from our boarder saying that her buck which can't be contained has gotten into my goats pen possibly breeding her i was just driving home from vacation he's a Pygmy that has never been CAE or CL tested and this could be the dams fault but som of the kids he's thrown has had three teats and when I went to feed her she was seeming to be entering or leaving heat it's a big bummer she was my only goat meaning my only packer and the kids will probably be a bit small to pack with but I do have a couple questions

How long till she will show signs of pregnancy?

Once she dries up can she pack again or will it be too uncomfortable?

What are the chances of him giving her CAE or CL?

And last how much can I probably sell the kids for?

Thanks for all the help

The first thing you should do to relieve you main stress is to have the buck tested for CAE. It is a simple and relatively inexpensive test to run. The results usually take two weeks to come back.

Yes. Your Doe will be able to pack. This has not ruined her.
Call the vet and have him administer lutalyse to abort any pregnancy. Because it is a hormone and you are a young woman you probably shouldn't administer it yourself. Continue to test for CAE and CL in your goat as you normally would. I think the person boarding your goat should be responsible for any costs involved in testing the buck and administering the lutalyse.
Goatberries Happen!
Agree with Taffy. You will have to wait a few weeks before the lute can be given. The chance of a one time encounter resulting in the transmission of CAE or CL is Low. Unless the buck has had open abscess. Never known of a case CAE was passed on during goatie love making Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)