Car sick goat
I have one goat who lays down normally when I drive on pavement. On dirt roads more than a few miles he lays on his side and his head on the wheel well or on the truck bed. He looks sick, not feeling well and lethargic. After 50 miles of dirt road he was that way all 4 times I checked on him. Any ideas?

All three of them wouldn't eat willow branches I got them that they would normally chow down on. The other two stand all the time.

One of them didn't eat or drink for four days when out packing. On day three I drenched him just to be safe. Acted better once we got home.r
I got carsick on windy roads until I discovered that taking ginger helped tremendously. I wonder if it would work the same for goats? Of course they have 4 stomachs to deal with.

Wnding roads-not windy!

Winding. Geez.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
LOL Char Smile I think the ginger would be worth a shot. That or do some testing first. Instead of 50 miles see what 5 does, then 10. Let em get used to it. Might also fast them the night before so they dont have anything in their bellies. Then let them eat once you get to where you were going.

As an after thought what do their normal diets consist of?
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
I'd double check your exhaust system is in good shape to make sure you aren't gasing them.
Goatberries Happen!
Good point Taffy. I had to tell a friend to check that from her old truck and open type horse trailer. Turns out she was. The exhaust flowed right into the horse's faces. No wonder they wouldn't load for her.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
The other two goats were fine but wee near the front where the air comes in the front of the shell. It would be worth checking out though. He has been in the rear for the bed but did better when he was in the front. He has been on several five to 50 mile trips with up to 15 miles of gravel roads. He is ok on paved roads but there is more air passing through then. Will they eat the ginger or get pills in them?
They eat mostly dry grass hay. He had not eaten much prior to being sick after packing 8 miles in a day and a half .