2022 Goat-O-Rama Kids for Sale!
I'm seriously late in advertising kids for sale this season, and part of that is because it's so hard to part with them! We had the sweetest, prettiest, nicest babies last spring and I don't want to say goodbye. 

Most of the boys are gone, but I still have three left. Two are available now:  

Dillinger is a big, stout fella with a sweet but unobtrusive personality. He is short-coupled, thick and muscular throughout and has a neck like a linebacker. He is polled, so if you want a goat without horns, this is the guy you're looking for. Dillinger has a gentle personality and although he is not particularly outgoing, he is also not shy. He will likely be one of those packgoats who keeps his head down, does his job, and doesn't complain. Dillinger is one of the few direct descendents of our star packgoat, Finn. I'm asking $250  

Spats is a special needs case that I'm not standing behind as packgoat material. However, he is one of the sweetest and gentlest kids we've ever produced so I can't write him off completely. Spats' biggest problem is his wry (crooked, asymmetrical) face. It is not affecting him now but I do not know if it might become a problem as he grows. If it continues to grow unevenly, it could potentially cause problems with tooth alignment (and consequently chewing), and even his breathing. If his facial problems never interfere with his functionality, he could be a nice packgoat. Spats is a big-boned, rangey fellow with long legs and a somewhat clumsy build (not unlike my old friend Sputnik). He won't be the easiest goat to fit a saddle to, but with his lovely, easy-going, and willing attitude I think he will make up for his less-than-ideal conformation. Spats loves to be with people most of all and seems like the kind of boy who will be rock-steady and have a good work ethic. I have not named a price on this guy. I will charge some kind of rehoming fee, but it will be negotiable.

My other boy for sale is Clyde. Clyde is a gorgeous, correct fellow with a sweet, gentle personality and a soft voice to match. As the son of my nicest packgoat mama, Clyde has a leggy, athletic build perfectly suited to packing. He is for sale but since I'm using him for stud he will be unavailable until after the breeding season. Because Clyde is still a buck, I do not have quite as good a bead on his personality and I know it will change a bit once he's wethered. Clyde is outgoing but not obnoxious or demanding of attention. He seems like he will be a very steady, dependable packgoat who can go the mile and then some. I'm eager to see how he turns out. I'm asking $300 for Clyde. 

I apologize for the baby photos. I didn't realize that I haven't taken pictures of Clyde since he was a kid. 

And now for the girls! I haven't sold any of my doelings yet this year and it's about time I got on it! These are hands-down the nicest doe kids we've ever produced at Goat-O-Rama. All of them should make excellent packgoat mamas. Every one of them has correct legs, nice balanced conformation, and a fantastic personality. We got some great colors this year too! If you like moonspots, every one of these girls has moonspots in her bloodlines. 

We'll start with our oldest and nicest. Bonnie is Clyde's sister and boy is she a looker! Bonnie has legs a mile long and as correct as they can be. She's got the long, lean body and narrow back ideal for packgoat conformation. She should produce some really nice packgoat babies. Bonnie also has a very friendly, outgoing personality and she's been that way since birth. Bonnie is our "greeter" and was always on hand to welcome new kids when they were born and to welcome human visitors when they come. Bonnie is a lovely blue roan (rare in our herd!) with just enough white to set her apart. I'm asking $250 for Bonnie.

Bonnie with her mom, Sadie. 

Toots is a lovely polled doeling and although I wasn't sure about her conformation at first, she's really growing into nice goat. Toots has classic silver and black cou clair coloring but her ears give away the Nubian in her blood. She is a quiet little thing who loves to eat. I expect this little gal to be a very easy keeper. Toots is a big girl and easily large enough to breed this year for 2023 kids. Her mother has a lovely udder and is currently giving 3 quarts/day. Asking $200.

Up next we have Molly and Dolly. These two are some of the cutest little darlings we've ever had at Goat-O-Rama! Molly is the most beautiful two-tone chamoisee I've ever seen, with cream-colored forehand and fawn-brown hindquarters. She even has little white moonspots on her back to give her an even more fawn-like appearance! Molly is bold and outgoing with a little mischievous streak. 

Molly's twin sister Dolly is a stunning white and blue roan doeling with spotted ears. I've never seen a goat quite this color before and I love it! Dolly is a little shy compared to her sister but is not nervous or unfriendly. She loves to be gently petted. Dolly was a bit precocious and accidentally got bred early in the fall when I was out of town. I terminated the pregnancy (she was much too young and the father is closely related). However, Dolly was far enough along to make a small udder. I am allowing it to dry up, but it looks like a very nice udder with good attachments, a nice shape, and easy-to-milk teats. 

Molly and Dolly's mama, Snowball, is one of my easiest, low-maintenance goats. Snowball is a large, big-boned, middle-of-the-herd doe with a nice udder. She's easy to handle, easy to milk, kids easily, nurses easily, is a great mama, and stays in good weight with no grain. Her milk is delicious too! I expect her daughters will both take after their mother and be very solid additions to any herd. Molly and Dolly are very attached and should go together. I'm asking $400 for the pair.    

Molly and Dolly:

Molly:

Dolly:

Finally, we come to Ziggy's kidlets! Bootlegger and Hooch are Alpine/Nubian crosses like all of my kids this year, but they very much favor the Alpine side of the spectrum. These are very sturdy, athletic, and energetic girls. If they were boys I'd be touting them as star packgoat material, but since they are girls I'll have to tout them as star packgoat mama material. They should also make excellent dairy goats. Their mama easily has the nicest udder in my herd, so if these girls take after her in that department they will be very easy, low-maintenance milkers. Their mom also makes excellent-tasting milk. As far as packgoat conformation, these girls are solid! They have very sturdy, correct conformation with nice feet and legs and short, strong backs. Bootlegger is lighter two-tone brown with a white stocking on her right hind foot and white spot on her forehead. Hooch is a richer brown with a wide black stripe down her back. They go together very well. I'm asking $400 for the pair. 

Wow, you, Phil and the goatie mamas make some gorgeous goats. I love polled goats.