Meet Banjo!
(08-01-2014, 11:00 PM)Taffy Wrote: Meet Banjo! My friend Mary Mattox, who is also his breeder, delivered him late yesterday. Banjo is just 3 months old and joins Bourbon, his 4 month old 1/2 brother. Someday they're going to grow up and be my packgoats. Until then we'll have lots of training hikes and knoodling time. Big Grin

Gorgeous munchie! Congrats.

TOU
WooHoo! I had a breakthrough with Bourbon today! When we were camping I introduced him to peanuts. Today when I went into Bourbon and Banjo's pen I handed Bourbon a peanut. The minute Banjo heard the crunching he came right over and put his nose over to me. I handed him and peanut, he took it and ate it and waited for more! Whomever came up with the saying the way to a man's heart is through his stomach probably never realized it applies to boy goats, too!

On another note - Banjo discovered his manhood a few days ago. When I had he and Banjo out walking yesterday he didn't want to leave the does. Neither of them are in heat but he was wagging his tongue, stomping his foot and talking to them just the same. My son has 2 bucks on the farm and it's rather odiferous when the wind blows just right (or wrong!). Goat vet Matt is going to give Banjo an attitude adjustment with the burdizzo next week.

Here's a photo of Banjo trying to woo a couple of the girls.

.jpeg   Banjo thinks he is the man.jpeg (Size: 63.65 KB / Downloads: 18)
Goatberries Happen!
Nice job winning his heart! He sure is a pretty boy. Smile