Goat Hauler
    Here is my new goat hauler. It has venting now.
dutch007
Hello
Here is a picture of my Goat Tote.
I do have big horse trailers (Goose neck 4 horse with living quarters and the trucks to pull them)
But for fun with goats I did this on the "Cheep"
275 gallon water tote that I got for $75 Cut the top out, put it on it's side, a baby gate across the front.
Strap the gate in with a load binder and one more to truck bed tie down points it is solid in the truck.
Goats jump in for their treats, it is nice and light to move around. Put the gate on and lock it with load binder close truck tail gate and we are off to the trails.
Plus there is enough bed room in fount of it and by the sides to carry your trail gear,ETC.
I also put down soft rubber horse stall mat in the bottom so the boy's would not slip and slide around. 1/2 inch mat that was "Scrap" from a different project. It works great for Pete and Sam when we go "Walkabout"
About 80 pounds empty weight, easy to put in and take out of truck, As long as one or both of the boy's do not decide to jump in as it is loaded. Bummer, trying to get 300 pound+ into the truck bed.
OH well, Rather have self loading Goats than have to force them in. Smile
For Storage it gets put back in the Redneck Goat shed (See construction post here on that from a while ago.)
Right now with the third goat boy here it is his sleeping quarters with the gate on to make sure the big boy's do not pick on him.
Problem: it is to small for all three boy's to ride in when I go walkabout, especially when Fuzzy already has 4 inch horns, No Horns and no balls it maybe would work. Not sure, don't feel like taking the risk. I have hauled calves 14 at a time in a 1/2 ton pickup truck with a shell on it and they did OK.  We will just have to see how things go here.

There is a part of me that from livestock moving experience "Tells me Cram them in so they can not fuss that way"
But the other side is make them comfortable so they want to load up. I am not a PETA person but do respect my critters.
In the case of both my horses and now my goats so far it is "Get out of their way if it looks like a truck/trailer ride. Smile

.jpg   Goat Crate Start.JPG (Size: 64.22 KB / Downloads: 135)
Goat Tote Original form

.jpg   Goat Crate Finished.JPG (Size: 61.66 KB / Downloads: 135)
Finished form: Time spent to do 30 minutes with skill saw.

.jpg   Mission Complete.JPG (Size: 69.57 KB / Downloads: 134)

Mission Complete , Lets hit the Trail

Happy Trails
hihobaron Fuzzy, Pete and Sam
Pretty cool.
I miss Hihobarron Sad
I miss Hihobaron too. When he was here, there was nearly always someone in the chatroom.