Central Texas
Howdy y’all my wife and I are avid backcountry hunters, hikers and horse folk but last week in Idaho we ran across a couple of goat packers and well we fell in love with the goats and decided hiking, hunting and packing would be a lot more fun with goats.  We are in Stephenville, TX and are definitely looking for locals to learn from and hike/hunt with.

If anyone does meet ups, or is willing to offer their expertise please do not hesitate to reach out!

Brian and Terri
Hi I am from Texas too! I am down between Austen, Houston and San Antonio. I really love hiking and goats so I think packgoats sound like the most fun ever! I really wanted to move to the mountains but that is looking less and less likely so I am going to try Packgoats here, hopefully I will be getting mine out on the trail this Fall/Winter. You can see pictures of my goats here https://www.thegoatspot.net/threads/dill...st-2716301 I would post them on this site but I cant figure out how to post pictures. I hope Y'alls Packgoat adventure goes great and I think it is so neat y'all have actually met real packgoats because I have only read about and seen pictures of them! Smile
You have to scale your photos down to post them here. Sorry about that. The forum software we use was pretty bare-bones to start with and now it's getting elderly as well, so it doesn't scale photos down automagically for you. You also have to use the "New Reply" button in order to find the right buttons that allow you to attach an embed photos. You can't use this Quick Reply box unless you know html. Wink
(09-21-2023, 06:59 PM)Nanno Wrote: You have to scale your photos down to post them here. Sorry about that. The forum software we use was pretty bare-bones to start with and now it's getting elderly as well, so it doesn't scale photos down automagically for you. You also have to use the "New Reply" button in order to find the right buttons that allow you to attach an embed photos. You can't use this Quick Reply box unless you know html. Wink

Thankyou, I will see if I can figure out how to do that! I am very tech challenged so I may not manage it but I will see if my brother can help me! I would love to be able to share my adventures on here! Smile