Anyone in tejas?
(09-21-2023, 12:46 PM)Nanno Wrote: I love meeting packgoat people from Texas! I'm in Colorado and unfortunately I don't get down to Texas as much as I'd like to. I have family in Granbury and I LOVE the Purple Goat BBQ in Stephenville! Phil and I stopped there with our goats in tow in 2019 when we did our Packgoat Rendezvous in Texas.

Nubian/Swiss crosses do great in the heat. Saanens don't tolerate heat at all so I recommend avoiding that breed. I hope we can get together sometime!

I am in Texas and I was wondering can Packgoats make the trip say to Colorado or Wyoming? I really wanted to move to the mountains and take up packgoats but I have been waiting more than 5 years so I am just going to start but I would like to take them to the mountains occasionally. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Smile
YES! You absolutely can take goats to other states! The only thing you need is a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI). It just shows that your goats are healthy and can cross state lines. In order to get a CVI your goats need some form of permanent ID (ear tag, tattoos, or microchip). You tell your vet the location where you're going and they inspect your goats for any infectious diseases and sign a paper that says they're healthy. It is not very expensive. I usually pay $10-$15/goat depending on how many goats I'm taking. Smile
Thankyou! That sounds doable! So the goats would handle the trip ok? They would be riding in the back of a pickup, is there anything special you need to do on a trip that long? Maybe I should start a new thread on traveling with goats, please tell me if you would prefer me to do that. Thanks! Smile
Feel free to post your transportation questions under the "Goats at Home" section. That way if someone else has the same questions they'll be more likely to find your thread. Wink
(09-22-2023, 01:48 PM)Nanno Wrote: Feel free to post your transportation questions under the "Goats at Home" section. That way if someone else has the same questions they'll be more likely to find your thread. Wink

I sure will and thank you for telling me where to put it because I am never sure where the right place is! Shy