Help! Lost.2.Goats.to.Severe Diahrea, 3rd in Jepardy
Blackie (and Sprite) are home. His backend still really wabbly with tendancy of one back foot to fold under. We kept the two in the yard around the house so he couldn't wander to bottom of pasture and collapse. Grass is much better and longer in here too. He has no interest in his pellets which surprised me after all this time. Vet was on a ranch call so we.didn't even get to talk to him yet. No meds sent home with him. His assistant said they had stopped all meds two days ago. I asked about goat polio. She said no, it was not that but had no diagnosis to offer. We will probably put him and Sprite into horse trailer tonight to limit his travel distance and protect him from coyotes should he not be able to keep up with the herd or get left behind. I know now for sure he could not have survived without being left at the vet's. So strange, the two we got our wierd made-up concoction down stopped their severe diahrea and never went down. But he and one other female we treated were already down and it had no impact. That female died. Soooo glad we didn't lose him. No further problems with herd but vet gave us shots to give all whether symptoms or not, and we did. Still have no idea at all what it was or how to prevent in future.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help! Lost.2.Goats.to.Severe Diahrea, 3rd in Jepardy - by blackie's maiden - 04-20-2022, 03:20 PM