3 Packgoats For Sale - Oregon
I have three full grown Lamancha packgoat wethers for sale, $500/each (all three must go to the same buyer, I won't split them up).  These are proven top-notch hikers, having hauled our camps in and out many times in the backcountry. I typically limit their load to 40 lbs each.  

These are what I refer to as "Level 3 goats": they can pack a full load; don't shutdown in hot weather; don't lay down on the trail; mentally tough in adverse conditions.

These goats and have been very well cared for.  I also have saddles and panniers for sale (most are from NW Packgoat Supply).  

Please send a message if you have questions.

Thanks!

--MATT

Attached Files
.png   Butter 2022-0324.PNG (Size: 397.13 KB / Downloads: 86)
.png   Peanut 2022-0324.PNG (Size: 409.95 KB / Downloads: 85)
.png   Jelly 2022-0324.PNG (Size: 319.89 KB / Downloads: 85)
It looks like you've got a LaMancha and two Alpines. How old are they and where are you located? (I am not personally interested, but I do want to make sure you have success selling them so I thought I'd ask the usual questions.) Wink

They look lovely!
(03-25-2022, 10:25 AM)goathunter.oregon Wrote: I have three full grown Lamancha packgoat wethers for sale, $500/each (all three must go to the same buyer, I won't split them up).  These are proven top-notch hikers, having hauled our camps in and out many times in the backcountry. I typically limit their load to 40 lbs each.  

These are what I refer to as "Level 3 goats": they can pack a full load; don't shutdown in hot weather; don't lay down on the trail; mentally tough in adverse conditions.

These goats and have been very well cared for.  I also have saddles and panniers for sale (most are from NW Packgoat Supply).  

Please send a message if you have questions.

Thanks!

--MATT

Matt I’m interested. What part of Oregon? How old are they?

Thanks
(03-25-2022, 08:32 PM)Nanno Wrote: It looks like you've got a LaMancha and two Alpines. How old are they and where are you located? (I am not personally interested, but I do want to make sure you have success selling them so I thought I'd ask the usual questions.)  Wink

They look lovely!

Hi,

Actually, they are all three Lamancha, age 7.  I am located in western Oregon, about 50 minutes southwest of Portland.

Thanks!
Two of the goats pictured have ears. The lack of external ears is the LaMancha breed's most prominent and famous breed characteristic. The breed isn't allowed to have even so much as little flaps so I'm wondering if two of the goats pictured aren't the ones you're selling, or if someone told you wrong about their breeding. They can't be LaManchas and have ears. Wink

Of course, the best thing about packgoats is that they don't have to conform to any breed standards in order to be great packers! If someone sold you "LaManchas" that turned out to be Alpines or some kind of cross, that's perfectly fine if they're good on the trail! Seven years is a very nice age. I hope you find a great home for them! I've had a couple of people ask me about mature packgoats lately and I told them to keep an eye on these forums.
(03-27-2022, 08:32 PM)Nanno Wrote: Two of the goats pictured have ears. The lack of external ears is the LaMancha breed's most prominent and famous breed characteristic. The breed isn't allowed to have even so much as little flaps so I'm wondering if two of the goats pictured aren't the ones you're selling, or if someone told you wrong about their breeding. They can't be LaManchas and have ears. Wink

Of course, the best thing about packgoats is that they don't have to conform to any breed standards in order to be great packers! If someone sold you "LaManchas" that turned out to be Alpines or some kind of cross, that's perfectly fine if they're good on the trail! Seven years is a very nice age. I hope you find a great home for them! I've had a couple of people ask me about mature packgoats lately and I told them to keep an eye on these forums.

The goats in the photos are definitely the goats I'm selling.  It may also be that these are Lamancha/Alpine crosses.  I remember the breeder telling me that one of the brown goats and the black/white goat are brothers; (one has long ears, the other has the usual Lamancha ears) and that the small ears are a recessive gene, which is why they don't both have small ears.  Regardless, they have proven themselves to be excellent on the trail.
Sale pending
(03-30-2022, 08:50 AM)goathunter.oregon Wrote: SOLD