Ober Campers
This is Scout. The biggest of my 3 Oberhasli goats. I was working with him this AM and realized I have few photo's that really give perspective to his size. My height is 5'6" He is an easy going goat who at the age of 6 still kicks up his heels and dances in circles. He is 39" tall. Not sure of his weight now. He was 220 lbs a couple of years ago, at the 2011 Rendy he was 216.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Holy Moly!!1 He is HUGE! My goats look tiny compared to him! I think mine are only 35 inches tall... but that still works fine for me, since they have to go in the back or a small Toyota pickup with a camper shell on it.
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
Dang... that photo must really show off his size because Cuzco doesn't seem nearly that big to me even though Cuzco is 38" tall and averages 210 lbs. on the vet scale.

Scout is a gorgeous boy, by the way. And that bay Ober color is so striking and... I don't know... fashionable. It looks classy like a fine dappled bay hunter at the Devon horse show. I love it!
That goat is down right terrible! You should should just drop him off right here on my door step! Smile hehe
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Yeah, big boy. Looks great!
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
Sure hope my ober yearling, Danner, comes somewhere close to Scout. Scout is a good looking boy. Danner is going to make a fun companion on the trail. Can hardly wait.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
Scout is the most gorgeous Ober I've ever seen - and the largest, too! I can hardly wait to meet him! Big Grin

(03-22-2014, 07:04 PM)deschutes dawn Wrote: Sure hope my ober yearling, Danner, comes somewhere close to Scout. Scout is a good looking boy. Danner is going to make a fun companion on the trail. Can hardly wait.
Goatberries Happen!
My two year old Alpine is about as tall as my three year old Saanen. Do you think that means he has a chance of out-growing the 3 year old in height when he matures? I don't remember much about the growth timeline of goats.
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
Wow, what a nice looking boy! My big "meat goat" is somewhere just over 200 and 39 inches tall, I can't imagine an ober being that size! My ober will look like a mini next to himSmile I may keep my distance at the rendy, just to make sure my boys don't end up with hurt feelingsSmile
Will our goats get any taller after 2 years? Age of my boys now.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.