My first post; because of fear
I believe Nuflur is also prescription only so at least one more trip to the vet. If the sweet lix is in block form, its to tough for goats to get outta it what they need and they will often times destroy their teeth trying. Loose mineral mixes are the only way to go. Lots of online places sale it if you cant find something at a locale feed store.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Unfortunately, you may have to get Nuflor from a vet. You'll at least have to get a prescription for it. Since you were able to get Banamine, I assume you have someone that can prescribe drugs? You probably also want to get a microscope and learn how to do your own fecal exams.

I'm sorry you're going through this. It's scary when we can't figure out what's wrong with our critters. I hope she pulls through for ya.
The minerals are loose, don't worry. (The computer told us that it could break teeth and on the off chance of them swallowing chunks they could get digestive problems Wink ) And yeah, we have someplace to get prescribed drugs. We'll check some vets that are around the area. I won't get my hopes up though. And, we do fecal exams. First year of goat breeding; I always found it fascinating. Smile Anywho; is there something I should be looking for? Or did you just suggest it?

Thank you guys!

(Fable's been nibbling on leaves and a tiny bit of hay. She seems a little more alert, and gets up when I come to the door. { I had to pull her up this morning.
I just suggested it so you can rule out worms. Wink

I'm glad you've got access to Rx stuff. I'm glad Fable is feeling better. I hope she continues to improve.
Thank you so much!
[Image: f1e9hc.jpg]

Goats: The animal that never gives up.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. And no, I'm not a black sheep to they’re white; I'm a goat to they’re sheep.
Agreed! If your Vet does not know squat about goats, either used them very little or dont use them at all. I guess I keep forgetting how fortunate I am. My vet clinic is ran by two Vets. And between the two of them, one, or the other, or both have dogs, cats, horses, cattle, sheep, goats, chickens and rabbits. The Vet that castrated my boys actually raises and sells goats.

There is a really good book out there called "What to do until the Vet comes". Its about dogs. But is there a good book out there like that for goats?

(07-11-2014, 04:03 PM)Reckless Wrote: To tell you honestly? She's doing a lot better; we realized it wasn't the same thing for she hasn't gotten bloat and she's not coughing up cud. (anymore) Fable's (Her name) temperature is at a 104 degrees though... We think it might be pneumonia because of our weather. (Hot, cold, Hot, cold) She also had white mucus coming from her nose this morning (Only this morning) and her breathing is a tiny bit labored. (Weak legs though? How does this add up? Weak because of pneumonia?) We injected her with penicillin, banamine, and gave her vitamin B complex orally. We also gave her electrolytes in her water.

And I'm sorry guys. I'd really, honestly, love to contact a vet, however, we have absolutely NO goat experienced vets up here. In fact, we had to contact a HORSE vet to help a doe during labor. (One of the most awful experiences in my life. The doe almost died and the three kids didn't survive. Then the vet demanded a huge price...) Anywho; I'm not terribly fond of the thought of doing that again nor of the thought of driving 300 somethin' miles with a goat that is sick and can be easily stressed out with the drive itself.

Thank you for the advice though! I really appreciate it.

Hey. I know the feeling. I completely understand "freaking out" about something like that. I had a dog once that became paralyzed in the back end. At first we thought we were dealing with IVDD but after a while we realized we were dealing with myelomalacia so we had her put down. Then about three years later another one of my dogs went down EXACTLY the same way that Kimber went down. The exact same symptoms. I freaked. I rushed him to the Vet and said "Let's just put him down. I know he has what Kimber had. They are distantly related. I dont want him to start suffering in the end like she did" Well my Vet looked at him and said "Let's not rush into this. Give him a little bit. If he has what Kimber had, we will know in a few days and then we can put him down" Well a few days later, Squeaky had never got any worse. Three years later he has never gotten any worse. As a matter of fact some of you at the Rendy might have seen him running around in his cart. And he is such a happy bossy little guy.
Smile Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Fable's mother died horribly and I've always had nightmares that her daughter would die the same way. (We still don't know what it was; wish we did.) So, a little paranoid, I saw the beginning symptoms exactly and totally annihilated logic, went into panic mode, because of course, I didn't know what to do. That lost feeling when you know an animal might die and you can't do anything about it since you don't know what it is and you have no access to a vet. Or you just can't do anything about it...

Fable's doing a lot better thankfully. Waiting for me at the door this morning, normal pebbles, (You know; feces), and acting more like herself. (Still not eating enough though)

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. And no, I'm not a black sheep to they’re white; I'm a goat to they’re sheep.
Update: We got the Nufur and she is all better... Thought I should let you guys know.

Thankyou so much!

great to hear Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
You need a prescription from vet for nuflor, I did anyway. We free feed ours manna pro minerals for goats.
Edit...finished reading all the posts this time.
So glad to hear she is doing better!