Colorado
Hello Fellow Goat Packers. Im new to this site and I'm looking to venture OOS from Texas to Colorado to do some high mountain fishing & camping. My destination will take us south of Grand Junction Colorado. Can anyone tell me their experiences in this part of the country and would anyone like to do a short trip with their team around this time next year? I'm not sure about the subscription selection instructions below. But I would like to hear back from yall.     Thanks Dave
Aww...isn't that sweet? Two goats. An old one and a young one. LOL! Tongue
You know, fishing is something I never got too interested in. Its something that seems to be so fun for people when they go into the high country. I know they plant fish in the lakes up in the Uintas and people love to fish there. I just dont really like to eat fish. If they're going to spend government money planting fish, why not spend some on those of us that arent big on fish? Rangers could hang some bags of premium jerky up in the branches and we get to go look for it and try to knock it down with bull whips. Then I'd have something to do up at those lakes!
First, that is a precious photo. Second, welcome to PackGoat Central!

Where exactly in Colorado are you headed? South of Grand Junction is a bit vague, but when you mention "high mountains" I can't help but think you probably mean "far south" of Grand Junction, like down in my old stomping grounds--the San Juan mountains. I grew up in Lake City, CO so I know those mountains pretty well. I always love any excuse to go back there, so we might be very interested in a short meet-up next year (hard for me to get away for very long in summer). There's a guy on these forums (SMaxwell) who lives near Pagosa Springs. He might be interested too. Keep us informed of your plans!
LOL! I dont eat fish either but love to catch em. But I could really go for a day of fishing and picking bags of jerky. A good source of pre mixed white russians and I would never go home!
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
(07-08-2014, 05:55 AM)Charlie Horse Wrote: You know, fishing is something I never got too interested in. Its something that seems to be so fun for people when they go into the high country. I know they plant fish in the lakes up in the Uintas and people love to fish there. I just dont really like to eat fish. If they're going to spend government money planting fish, why not spend some on those of us that arent big on fish? Rangers could hang some bags of premium jerky up in the branches and we get to go look for it and try to knock it down with bull whips. Then I'd have something to do up at those lakes!

I love this! That's exactly how I feel! Big Grin