Greetings from Catalina AZ
(03-21-2021, 09:58 AM)Taffy Wrote: Welcome Jessie,

Forgive Charlie Horse, he has an outstanding sense of humor!  Tongue

If you haven't already joined the North American  Packgoat Association (NAPgA) you need to.  There are several members in Arizona!

This forum is a great place to ask questions and learn.  If you are on Facebook NAPgA has a discussion group filled with great information, too.

NAPgA holds an annual Rendezvous in different locations in the west.  This year it is near Stanley, ID.  If possible you should try to attend.  Great camaraderie, classes, a service project for the area and delicious food!

I noticed you mentioned keeping a buckling.  You'll want to have 2.  What breed(s) of goat do you have?

Enjoy your goatpacking journey!

Taffy, 
I have joined NAPgA, its actually how I found this site! I'm in the facebook group too.  I discovered NAPgA thru a pack goat group with Marc W. He posted a video about joining and the rendezvous. I've learned quite a bit from his videos. 
Most of the goat herd is my mom's, the buckling I'm keeping is from her Alphine doe and Boer cross buck. The herd also has two Nigerian Dwarfs adults and one baby.  Almost all of the adults are leash trained.  My kids and I go trail walking/hiking which is what planted the seed for a pack animal. I'll be honest, its been a rabbit hole of information.

Messages In This Thread
Greetings from Catalina AZ - by jlkidder - 03-20-2021, 09:14 PM
RE: Greetings from Catalina AZ - by Charlie Horse - 03-21-2021, 08:08 AM
RE: Greetings from Catalina AZ - by jlkidder - 03-22-2021, 11:17 AM
RE: Greetings from Catalina AZ - by Taffy - 03-21-2021, 09:58 AM
RE: Greetings from Catalina AZ - by jlkidder - 03-22-2021, 11:14 AM
RE: Greetings from Catalina AZ - by Nanno - 03-21-2021, 11:34 AM
RE: Greetings from Catalina AZ - by jlkidder - 03-22-2021, 11:27 AM