Sable/Saanen
I was curious if anyone has had the Sable variation of the Saanen on the trail packing. 

I have a Saanen and he does great 99% of the time. Its only at the height of summer does he seem to show more of a reaction than my Alpine's in the heat, otherwise during deer season in the fall here in Northern California I see no difference in work ethic between Saanens and any other breed. I know there's a possibility of sunburn too with Saanen's. 

My question is how is the Sable's work ethic and do they have a weakness so to speak, to the heat? Sunburn, heat exhaustion etc.

I love Alpine's but man are they bullies!

I really like the personality of Saanens. I also have a La mancha who is just as gentle and nice to be around as well. I found someone nearby who has sable/la mancha hybrid bottle babies that are gorgeous! 

Thanks
If you're happy with your Saanens personality and work ethic that should tell you what a Sable would be like since they are just a color variation.

I have LaManchas and their personality and devotion to me are what sold me on them.

You'd probably really enjoy the Sable/LaMancha cross.
Goatberries Happen!
Alpines are friendly with people because they have no goat friends, and are shocked that you, a powerful creature, don't want to bully them.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
^ HAHAHA! Good one!

I don't know much about Sables. We don't see many of them around here. I'd say it's always worth a try!
To me the biggest thing when picking a goat is personality, and body plan. I have a lamancha with a great personality, but he's a big brew-vat with legs and refuses to do work. Not a good pack goat even though the breed has a history of being great pack goats. I have 2 bottle baby brothers. One is thinner and well built, while the other is sloppy and has a dip in the spine right behind the shoulder blades. I worry he wont be that great of a pack goat, but they both have wonderful personalities. I have a big huge pack goat that has a great build and is easy to work with, but he's otherwise aloof and not really that 'close' with me. I had an alpine that was well built and lovable with me, but got pushy with strangers and children, so while he was the best, he was also one I might not bring in some situations. I have an alpine thats super tall and skinny, so cant carry huge loads, but really loves me and he has never let me down. Its always a roll of the dice.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
Be csreful. We tried a Saanan in Texas. Mistake. We believe the heat killed him trying to stay up in our herd of more heat-tolerant lamanchas and nubians.