1.65 miles and still bursting with energy!
My grandkids, 3 three year old and 1 5 year old, wanted to take the goats for a walk this morning.  I took Bourbon, Lex & Leif since they are the ones I'll be hiking with this year.  I hike with poles and the kids all wanted poles, too.  It's a good thing I have 2 pairs!  I adjusted them to their heights and we headed out.

We left the house, walked down the road next to the fields then up along a field that has a railroad track alongside it.  The train only comes through once a day in the afternoon.

We walked along the dirt road by the tracks then along the edge of another field by the tree row.  They wanted to let the goats eat the wild blackberries.  One of the grandkids asked how the goats could eat the blackberries with all of the thorns.  I showed them how the goats just pluck a leaf off to eat it.

We walked into the hay field to a pivot track then followed it around the field and back to the house.

I was amazed they walked 1.65 miles.  But the REALLY amazing thing was it didn't slow them down!  Back at the house they were still running and playing like they'd never been on the walk!  Oh, the energy of youth!

Goatberries Happen!
So fun! Thanks for sharing!! Smile
This is a bourbon that has mellowed well with age.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!