One of my wethers in surgery at WSU for UC
(11-13-2020, 11:10 PM)SpotNStalk Wrote: I had read that post before but need to read it again for sure. Journey is quite young....20 months old. 
I'm happy to say that the surgery went very well and he is doing good, he ate a few bites of food and was being his usually super sweet self for the staff. He let them ice his incision site and is being very cooperative. He should be able to come home Wednesday if all continues to go well.
They removed a lot of stones from his bladder and got all that they could see. They suspect they are calcium carbonate stones but they will be sent for analysis once they find a lab that will take them (University of Minnesota usually takes theirs but COVID seems to be interfering with that). 
Thank you for the concern and well wishes

I'm glad Journey came through his surgery ok. I hope he makes a remarkable recovery and never looks back! If they are calcium stones then I don't think ammonium chloride will do anything to prevent them from building up in the future. From the thread I posted a while back, it seems that supplementing magnesium might be a good way to go with that type. Hopefully there's a lab that will analyze them. The fellow I know who lost his goat to UC this past summer was able to get his analyzed, and I'm going to guess it was at CSU. That would be a good one to ask.

Messages In This Thread
RE: One of my wethers in surgery at WSU for UC - by Nanno - 11-14-2020, 10:47 AM