One of my wethers in surgery at WSU for UC
(11-13-2020, 07:18 PM)Nanno Wrote: Oh no! I'm so sorry! Make sure to get those stones tested so you know for sure what you're dealing with. Calcium and phosphorus stones require different management protocols. I'm so glad you didn't try to drench him.

Have you read this thread?
https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/s...p?tid=4216

For all of us with wethers (and bucks), this is the worst thing we worry about. I hope Journey pulls through. How old is he by the way?

I had read that post before but need to read it again for sure. Journey is quite young....20 months old. 
I'm happy to say that the surgery went very well and he is doing good, he ate a few bites of food and was being his usually super sweet self for the staff. He let them ice his incision site and is being very cooperative. He should be able to come home Wednesday if all continues to go well.
They removed a lot of stones from his bladder and got all that they could see. They suspect they are calcium carbonate stones but they will be sent for analysis once they find a lab that will take them (University of Minnesota usually takes theirs but COVID seems to be interfering with that). 
Thank you for the concern and well wishes

Messages In This Thread
RE: One of my wethers in surgery at WSU for UC - by CMGifford - 11-13-2020, 11:10 PM