My Lead Goat's Foot Problem-Advice?
Interesting info, good to know about the conformation issues to watch for with excessive alfalfa - and thanks for the reassurance on the Chaffhaye. I agree that logically speaking it makes sense it is congenital since it is the one foot  - and has just appeared/worsened as he has aged as you said.

I'll admit there is a "wow" factor to a giant goat, I was gearing up to get on the trail last fall at a campground and my goats drew a lot of attention from the hunters there.  When my lead goat stood up there was this big collective gasp at his size LOL.  I have read about big goats joints breaking down earlier with age, so the early stiffness was not unexpected.  But, this foot thing... ugh.  And he's never been packed with heavy weight either. I'm actually good with a smaller goat, my "ideal" goat right now is 36-37" and 215-230 which is still pretty big. Those measurements happen to exactly be the size of my old Ober Smile

Thanks so much again, for your insights, advice, and comments. This has really been troubling me and I needed to have an experienced viewpoint to guide the direction we need to go with this goat. It's such a shame as he has incredible heart on the trail.

Messages In This Thread
My Lead Goat's Foot Problem-Advice? - by Kat - 08-22-2020, 01:22 PM
RE: My Lead Goat's Foot Problem-Advice? - by Kat - 08-23-2020, 04:40 AM
RE: My Lead Goat's Foot Problem-Advice? - by Kat - 08-23-2020, 08:07 AM
RE: My Lead Goat's Foot Problem-Advice? - by Kat - 08-24-2020, 05:55 AM
RE: My Lead Goat's Foot Problem-Advice? - by Kat - 09-19-2020, 11:14 AM