Goat's toes are pointed inward / crossing -- he can't walk without pain.
I am far, far, far from an expert but I tend to agree with Nanno. I recently had a goat pinch a rear hoof in a rotting out plywood bridge that his foot went through and when he pulled it back out he had a pretty good sized splinter through the side of his hoof wall. I removed the splinter (as much as I could see anyway), and each night for 3 nights I soaked his foot in a warm upsom salt water bath. To do this I put him on the stantion and slowly fed him grain a little bit at a time and tried to get him to stay calm for at least 10 minutes. If this goat won't just stand there and let his foot soak I would try this method. Once it has soaked that long you should really be able to go to town on trimming up that hood and it won't be perfect but you should be able to get him back to a much more comfortable state. It looks to me like with some time and patience you should be able to remove enough that he wont be walking on his other toe. Good luck!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goat's toes are pointed inward / crossing -- he can't walk without pain. - by CMGifford - 08-19-2020, 03:19 PM