Another Hello from Oregon
Hey all: I've been threatening my wife with pack goats for a decade (or more), but never found the time to go through with it.  Now that all our normal summer commitments have been canceled, I figured there may never be a better time to start! So, we picked up a couple Alpine/Saanen wethers on Saturday! They're 13-day-old bottle babies and are sweet as can be. I have some questions about if/when I should integrate them into the neighbor's dwarf herd, but I'll ask in other thread. For now, here are Leroy and Moe playing in the yard:

[Image: leroy-and-moe.png]
Welcome! They are adorable!
Welcome! Where in Oregon?
Goatberries Happen!
(05-19-2020, 10:47 AM)Taffy Wrote: Welcome!  Where in Oregon?

Thanks! We're in the Southern Willamette Valley, west of Eugene.
Join the Cascade Pack Goat Club on Facebook.

In a "normal" year we participate in a number of activities and have an annual campout in September.
Goatberries Happen!
Welcome to the pack, your guys are handsome! I'm three (and two) years ahead of you with my five just north of Newberg. Looking forward to some hiking and packing in the Cascades this summer and fall.

Taffy, I'm glad you mentioned the Facebook existence. I look forward to learning from those of you with experience.
Join the North American Packgoat Association - napga.org

NAPgA is also on Facebook - North American Pack Goats - Discussion Group

Great information, comraderie and this organization works to keep lands open to goatpacking.
Goatberries Happen!