What's it like in your neck of the woods right now?
I'm not sure how everyone else has been doing with the lockdowns, etc. but I'm glad we're coming out of it even though it hasn't affected me personally all that much. We don't eat out of course, but not much else has changed. Church is better because it's held outdoors in the sunshine. I rode my horse to church until Butterfly's accident. Since we couldn't leave her at home unsupervised she came with us to church last week and today.

My saddle club held its first event of the season yesterday. We had an all-day team sorting clinic which probably broke all the lockdown rules, but we really don't care. It was outside in the fresh air and sunlight where people ought to be if there's a virus going around. Cases just keep going down in Colorado and I don't see any risk of flare-ups. Every doctor and nurse I know is currently out of work or on severely reduced hours, which is starting to get really hard on them, so I hope we open things up SOON! All the folks at the clinic acted like prisoners released from jail and there was a giddy atmosphere.

We were a bit worried about the sheriff coming down to break it up because several horse events in other parts of the state have recently had cops shut them down, but no one interfered. In fact, by the end of the day there wasn't even one nasty post on Facebook, so now we're looking forward to starting our gymkhana season on Tuesday without hassle. It's good to have events to look forward to and to be able to see friends. Our sorting event was packed full with 10 people on the waiting list. We've never had that much interest before, so I think folks are champing at the bit to get out and do something! The couple teaching the clinic was very grateful to finally have an event as well. All their clinics and competitions have been shut down for two months and ours was the first thing they've been to in a long time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's it like in your neck of the woods right now? - by Nanno - 05-17-2020, 06:59 PM