www.GetYourGoatGear.com
Hey Everyone,

As many know I have 2 alpine boys from the Rendy, and I am currently looking to get them saddled up and training. Does anyone have any experience with "http://www.getyourgoatgear.com/?" And more specifically the "http://www.getyourgoatgear.com/originalp...ckage.html?" Looks like a great deal on a quality package. Here is a excerpt from the website:

Big news! We recently purchased the remaining NEW packsaddle inventory of the original packgoat outfitter. As developed and used by the original american goat packer! The packsaddles and all rigging have been finished and rigged to the same specs as the original goat packsaddle. Tried, tested, and PROVEN for decades! These most recently sold for $150-$175 per packsaddle. We are temporarily offering a complete package, including saddle, panniers, and saddle pad for an amazing $200! Just in time for the holidays."

[Image: fullpkgsaddlepannierspad.JPG]
[Image: bennysaddle.JPG]
Hopefully someone has experience with this company. I'm not familiar with this them but I do know this is equipment you will use for many years to come. Form, fit, longevity and weight will all come into play during your packing career. Investing in quality is important even if it costs a little more. It will pay off big in the long run.
Goatberries Happen!
I bought 1 set of the complete package referenced above. Ill do a review once it arrives and after some use...-John

.jpg   photo 4.JPG (Size: 37.66 KB / Downloads: 95)
.jpg   photo 3.JPG (Size: 51.8 KB / Downloads: 95)
.jpg   photo 2.JPG (Size: 49.02 KB / Downloads: 99)
.jpg   photo 1.JPG (Size: 50.3 KB / Downloads: 95)
(08-02-2014, 10:20 AM)michael Wrote: Just got the Targhee panniers from this company. They look great, I also got the less expensive of the two saddle pads. Matt Lyon was who I spoke to and he was great as far as customer service. Here are some pics, my daughter set everything up on Mirage our pack doe. This is all fairly new for us so will have to learn as we go.
(07-02-2014, 08:26 PM)ReddingJohn Wrote: I bought 1 set of the complete package referenced above. Ill do a review once it arrives and after some use...-John

John,
Did you ever get a chance to use the gear? We are hoping to get out a bit this weekend. Our doe hasn't joined our herd well and lost some weight, we are trying to fatten her up a bit before she gets any real weight in a pack. Curious as to what you think of the gear and how your pannier s compare to mine. Pictures?
Michael