agressive dominant alpine
Hmm... unfortunately there's not much you can do about a goat that's overly aggressive to its herdmates. I culled a doe for that reason several years ago. She might do better in a herd with other goats her size or bigger who can actually stand up to her.

There was one thing I was going to try on our doe but I never got the chance because she tested positive for CL and I ended up putting her down. It was a "ram shield" that prevents hard butting and targeting by blocking forward vision: https://www.premier1supplies.com/p/ram-shields?cat_id=4

These were too big for a doe so I planned to fabricate my own. I bought a dog fly mask that fit my goat very well and I planned to sew some felt across the face, making sure the felt went far enough across the eyes to block her forward vision. I wish I'd had a chance to try it because I think something like that could work very well for an aggressive goat. I hope you figure something out! An overly aggressive goat is nothing to mess around with. She could indeed cause your other goats to abort. I'm pretty sure my aggressive doe caused the late term abortion of one of my other does that year. It was very sad. Incidentally, my aggressive girl was also extremely friendly with people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: agressive dominant alpine - by Nanno - 11-06-2019, 08:19 PM
RE: agressive dominant alpine - by Sanhestar - 11-06-2019, 09:15 PM
RE: agressive dominant alpine - by Nanno - 11-07-2019, 07:10 AM