GROUP HIKE! -- One Week In The San Rafael Swell
The trip home didn't quite go as smoothly as hoped.  Eldon, Debbi & I traveled caravanned to and from Utah.  They only live about 3 miles from me.  The 2nd morning on the trip home we stopped in Sand Hollow, ID for a late breakfast.  We'd ordered and were sitting enjoying a cup of coffee when the waitress yelled, "Does someone own a goat?"  The three of us went flying out the door.  Bourbon was standing in the middle of a busy intersection looking dazed and confused!  I walked out to him and his hair was standing on end,  He was obviously spooked.  A good samaritan had stopped her car and was making sure traffic didn't hit him.  I walked him back to the truck but she'd left so I didn't get a chance to thank her.  I had locked the truck canopy latches but they hadn't locked into the frame properly.  When Bourbon's nose had pressed against the glass when he was looking out the canopy window lifted open.  He'd jumped out with the tailgate up while the truck was hooked to the travel trailer.  So many things could have gone wrong with this whole scenario.  The Lord was definitely looking over Bourbon.  I will always double check the latches from now on.  Here's a photo Debbi took of me leading Bourbon back to the truck.

The next "adventure" happened about a 1/2 mile before I was down Cabbage Hill east of Pendleton, OR.  It was pouring rain driving down this 6 mile long 6% grade twisty-turny hill.  The passenger windshield wiper flew off!  I radioed Eldon & Debbi on the walkie-talkie to pull into the truck stop at the base of the hill.  I turned the windshield wipers on and off only as needed.  A scratched windshield was less of a worry than being able to see.  I bought a replacement windshield wiper, it was installed and we headed home on the final leg of the journey.
Goatberries Happen!

Messages In This Thread
RE: GROUP HIKE! -- One Week In The San Rafael Swell - by Taffy - 10-06-2019, 03:34 PM