GROUP HIKE! -- One Week In The San Rafael Swell
The road had always been kinda crappy, but I think its gone a bit downhill.  The hike for the 2nd half of the day was "Crack Canyon".  This canyon is one I explored many years ago when my goats were youngsters and I had a different German Shepard.  Its a fantastic canyon, but there is a series of 'dry falls' or drop-offs.  One of them is smooth on all sides and has a rope hanging to climb.  This is the turn-around point for goats. 

We saw this guy on the way in.  There were tiny lizards everywhere, but this guy was a bit bigger.

The trail from the cars to the mouth of the canyon was sorta hot.  Once we got in, we found shade. 

This is the opening of the big crack in Crack Canyon.

Crack Canyon indeed.  But funny thing-- I remember this canyon differently, and when I look at old pictures from my previous hike, they don't match.  I think there was a lot further down that we didn't get to this time since we never bypassed even one dryfall.

Here's a shot for a sense of scale!
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Messages In This Thread
RE: GROUP HIKE! -- One Week In The San Rafael Swell - by Charlie Horse - 09-28-2019, 05:09 PM