GROUP HIKE! -- One Week In The San Rafael Swell
Goblin Valley went very smoothly.  It was 15 minutes from our campsite by paved road, and was mostly empty when we arrived early in the morning.

Robert and Connie pose with their goats-in-training under a fantastic goblin hoodoo.

Our group broke up, and re-joined depending on our whims.  Here you see Nano and Phil finding myself, Rob and Connie exploring an area to the South which I'd never seen before. 

This was a really neat area with some tall and thin hoodoos.

Nano and a noble goat.

Goblin Valley is flat for those that want an easy hike, or you can climb some dirt slopes and explore closer to the cliffs.

Here's Sprite.  I heard Eldon let his goats climb a cliff area near a cave we'd visited in the past.  The goats had a blast!

I'm pretty sure we're entering an unexplored area.  We may be the first white people to see these sights!  There are hardly any footprints and I suspect they may be moccasin prints.

Shelby GT radiating pure mojo and charisma...  Those hoodoos are nowhere near as charming and they know it.

Connie and Blackie prove it is possible to explore mars without an oxygen mask.  I don't think she needs that jacket either-- Then again they're from Texas and were wearing jackets when it was 85 degrees so I could be wrong.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Messages In This Thread
RE: GROUP HIKE! -- One Week In The San Rafael Swell - by Charlie Horse - 09-28-2019, 12:51 PM