GROUP HIKE! -- One Week In The San Rafael Swell
Saturday afternoon Nano and Phil arrived.  We had to deal with an  exploded brake pad on their horse trailer.  Then Robert and Connie, Taffy, and Eldon and Debbie arrived and stayed the night in their campers in the field next door.

Sunday morning we visited the Morrison for a rock-hounding hike.  First we had to go under the road through a culvert.  The other side is a real wonderland of colorful balancing rocks, from house sized boulders to pebbles each on their own pedestals.  

Connie walking through the agate fields.

The above two goats are Blackie and Sprite, who just love sampling the desert weeds.  They had their own adventure and climbed up a plateau to try the untouched bushes up there.  I'd always wanted to see what was up there and this was the day I got to check it out.  I found a great dinosaur bone deposit and Phil and Robert helped to drag the wayward goats back to rejoin the group.

Eldon and his super cute little guys pose for a picture.

Robert and Connie by some colorful boulders. 

After lunch we arrived at the goal-- The unlikely and intense yellow and purple zone.

Heading back

I brought Woodstock and Victoria on this trip.  Woodstock was originally Sarah's goat, and Vickie doesn't get to go out as much since she started growing big udders for no reason.  Thanks to Sarah milking her, she got a fun outing!
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Messages In This Thread
RE: GROUP HIKE! -- One Week In The San Rafael Swell - by Charlie Horse - 09-28-2019, 07:31 AM