Looking to start a pack goat string.
Hi there,
I'm looking for some help on getting a pack string going. I'm looking to start with about six pack goats. Does any one have any info on where to start looking. I have been looking to start for a while but my point in life has finally given me time to invest with them. Thanks for any help.
If you are coming to the Rendy there will be goats for sale. It's an excellent place to start and to see experienced and up-and-cooming packgoats in one place. There will be generations of knowledge available from the folks attending.
Goatberries Happen!
Thank you for the info Taffy. It looks like I'm going to Rendy. Could you help me out with where it's at and when. Thanks again I appreciate your help.
Go to the NAPGA header on the main forum page and click on Rendy Attendance and Hay. You'll be able to follow the whole conversation regarding the Rendy.
Goatberries Happen!
Howdy Travis, good to see you made it here Smile Ill see if I cant dig up some old posts.

Travis is looking for some adult ready to go packers to take them hunting this fall. The only help I can be here is with Lincoln. So if anyone knows of or comes across some 3 year old or better packers, please post. I kinda talk him into no horns but just finding available affordable packers now to use for the fall is going to be difficult by itself.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Travis, what state do you live in? Just curious as a fellow hunter.
He is in Washington East side.

Cool, we need to start a Tri Cities hike!
... oops, I ment west side.

The Yahoo Packgoat group has a "Friday Market". Saw this posted

Friday Market: 4 adult bottle fed wethers
Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:37 am (PDT) . Posted by: kd7jxl
I have 4 bottle fed wethers ages 4, 7, 7, 8.
All horned. All very sweet.
The 3 older ones hang together like the 3 musketeers. The younger one has not found a personal buddy in my herd. He does fine with the others, though.
I think the last time I went on a packing trip was a day trip, and the 8 year old came, he was still a kid.
I have had a closed herd for years, prior to closing it, I tested regularly, and have tested every animal that comes in to make sure everyone is and stays disease free.
I am in northwest Montana (near Kalispell).
I am asking $50 each, though I would certainly entertain offers.
I can't help with transport right now as my trailer lights are out. (thanks to an impatient mule!!!), I can offer overnight accommodations if someone is traveling a distance to get here.
I also have 2 saddles I would consider selling with the goats. The saddles are not for sale separately
wendy@summitgoats.com
email is best