My new Pack Goat Protectors...(long & picture heavy)
Good find! I hope these guys work out awesome for you! Sounds like they already are. I'm sorry your dogs got maced, but it may be a good thing in the long run. If someone had taken them in, fed them, and fussed over them, they might be more inclined to keep leaving. As it is, they probably got scared out of their wits and your pasture may feel safer to them now than the outside world. I told my neighbor that if my dog ever goes visiting to please scare the pants off her and send her packing straight back home. I'm sure we'll take Daisy with us whenever we take all the goats for a walk at once, but if any goats are ever at home, that is where she will be expected to stay. I won't be taking her with me when I ride horseback either. She is a goat guardian, not a people companion.

Right now Daisy is doing like your dogs and is a lot more excited about me than about her new charges, but she is already starting to shift focus a bit. Daisy tried to dig under the gate for half a minute last night when I left the pen, but when I came this morning it was clear she had not continued to dig. I think she just had a brief panic attack about being left alone with Cuzco now that he's becoming aggressive toward her. This morning I put down some big rocks on the inside of the gate (mine swings out) to discourage any further digging. As she doesn't appear very determined, I think this will do the trick.

Good luck with your new dogs! I hope they keep your critters safe and that your goats don't mess with them too much.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My new Pack Goat Protectors...(long & picture heavy) - by Nanno - 12-23-2013, 11:27 AM