New goat packer in central Colorado
(05-20-2019, 06:44 PM)misterburley Wrote: San Cristobal, what a gorgeous lake to be named after.  There are several passes I've been over down there that I know you are familiar with that would make good goat names.  In fact, Ophir is really named for the pass that I am found of, more than the town.  Cinnamon Pass would be good to name a goat for.  If I had any girls I would have to go with Imogene.  I towed a trailer with my jeep over that one last summer.  What an adventure.
Animas, after the river or town.  Carson, after the ghost town.  Poughkeepsie after the gulch.  Yankee Boy after the basin.  I could go on.  Gotta get more goats.

You're making me homesick! I used to ride my horse up to Carson. I kept her at Camp Redcloud, so Carson, Snare Lakes, and the Continental Divide were all within riding distance. My dad ran Hummer Adventure Tours back in the 1990's and took tourists over all those high passes between Lake City, Ouray, and Silverton. I'll never forget the summer I had access to a borrowed dirt bike and was able to zip off over those trails. I think they're best on a dirt bike because you can cover so much ground (and boy are they darned fun!). COLD when an afternoon rain or snowstorm hits you, but at least you can usually get off the mountain quickly.

What kind of 4-wheeler are you driving in that photo? It looks like a Jeep Commando, but it looks kind of modernized. Hard to tell with the sign in front of it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New goat packer in central Colorado - by Nanno - 05-21-2019, 09:29 AM