In Memorium
I haven't posted in ages and am sorry to write with sad news...  Cary, who turned 12 on April 3rd, was released from this life on Thursday.  Tuesday afternoon, he gave me a sweet, gentle goaty kiss on the cheek, looked me in the eye and said he was ready.  We've known for months that he was on borrowed time due to a thymic tumor (aka thymoma).  He gave us so much joy (and aggrevation!) as only a goat can.  He was big, handsome, brave and athletic.  We are heartbroken.  We've laid him to rest next to his half-brother, MacKenzie goat, and his guardian dog, Clover, who we lost just 3 weeks earlier.  Godspeed, my friend.  You are missed.

Ann in NH

.jpg   2015.01.25 Cary.jpg (Size: 61.73 KB / Downloads: 23)
Goats don't live long enough. But OUR goats live the best! He'll be missed.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful goat. I remember you posting about that tumor. You did the right thing and you gave him a fantastic life. May he live on in the sweet memories you cherish.
so sorry for your loss. I'm sure he had a good life and you gave him all the care he needed as his end drew near. It's so good, too, when they give us the "I'm ready". Doesn't make loosing them easier, but the letting go just a bit more bareable.
--------------------------------------
Sabine from Germany
[Image: zoVgi.gif]

(04-22-2019, 07:58 PM)Nanno Wrote: I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful goat. I remember you posting about that tumor. You did the right thing and you gave him a fantastic life. May he live on in the sweet memories you cherish.

Thank you, Nanno.  Just an fyi...  Thymomas are the most common type of tumor in goats.  Ones like Cary had (i.e., benign encapsulated ventral cervical) can be surgically removed and have good survival rates. However, given his age and how poorly he did with the drain last year we opted to let him live it out.  As large as it was, it didn't seem to bother him.  He was playing and rough-housing right up until the last 3 days.  <3