Charlie Horse's 2019 Picture Thread

Found a whole bunch of Indian pottery shards just sitting there on the sandstone shelf.  How is it they'd sat there for so long?  Something is odd about this.  I put a few next to each other for this picture.  I wonder if there's enough to reconstruct the pot?  Dunno.  I'll ask the museum people if they're interested in knowing the location.

It started getting to be a blazing hot 72 degrees, so we headed back home.  A decent little exploration trip.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

A short hike after a lot of rain.  Woodstock is the perfect color to vanish into the desert.

We found a water filled pot-hole in a room-sized boulder. 

Its beginning to green up.    Last year was a drought, and this year is super wet.  I expect the desert to bloom soon.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
Oh how pretty! It will be amazing when the desert plants come out, although I expect the gnats to be an even gnastier gnuisance in a wet year.

Left the house at 6:00 hoping to beat the heat or thunder storms (take your pick).
It had rained yesterday and I wasn't sure if this trip would pan out, but it was great.
We hardly had to deal with any gnats, either.  They've been fierce lately.

I was looking for a certain rock formation I wanted to photograph for a contest.
I didn't find it.  Huh.  I thought it was in this area (shrug)

There were other cool rocks.  But of course!

Shelby GT was the goat of the day wearing his fancy pack saddle and as usual,
being a flawless pack goat!

I got home by 9:45 and made breakfast.  Nice morning, don't you think?
So pretty! Can't wait till the trip in September!
I hope I'm not trying to crash a private 8nvite event but if this September event is for any NapGa members, we would sure like.to know the details. Is there a link? I can't find anything on the NapGa website or don't know where to look here. If it is private invite, I apologise.
It was Taffy's idea originally-- September 21-28, 2019. Anyone can come. I haven't planned too much yet. We'll be hopping around a few different places though. It'll all be paved or smooth dirt roads and hiking will be kept reasonable.
I left my sunglasses out in the desert.  They cost 15 dollars when new, two years ago, so I had no choice but to retrieve them at all costs.

Starting out in the shade.

Glorious sky

Contrasting shadows part A

Contrasting shadows part B
The cliff in the distance is Lookout Point.  Being on top is kinda scary.

Luna was having a nice day so far.

Later that night she got a chunk of hide taken out of her down to the meat by one of the horses.  The way she hassles them, I'd bite her too if I were a horse.  She's at the vet overnight since I had them fix her while she was there.

You'd think they were friends.

Any hike Woodstock is on, you're guaranteed to get a good 'resting' photo.

Woodstock:  Goat of Adventure and Stuff
You didn't say - were your sunglasses where you left them?! Tongue
Goatberries Happen!
Awesome photos! But I have to ask... how does anyone manage to keep the same sunglasses for TWO YEARS??? I'm extremely lucky if I get six months out of mine!