Day hike on the east bank Baker Lake trail
A nice day, so I took two of my pack goats, Adam and Albert for a day hike on the east bank Baker lake trail.  We started from the southern trailhead and went as far as Maple Grove campground.  It's about 9 miles round trip.

The trail is in good shape.  There was one large maple tree down across the trail about 1/3 mile before Maple Grove, which we managed to duck/crawl under.

The boys doing a little trimming along the trail.

On the way back Albert started across the Anderson creek foot log.  When he got about half way, he changed his mind, turned around and came back.  I then lead them across one at a time.

Beautiful day.
Oh how nice! I love the fresh snow on the mountain peaks, and the reflection in the lake is amazing. Breathtaking! I can't believe your goats made you lead them across that bridge one at a time, the little stinkers! Tongue
(11-09-2018, 09:10 AM)Nanno Wrote: Oh how nice! I love the fresh snow on the mountain peaks, and the reflection in the lake is amazing. Breathtaking! I can't believe your goats made you lead them across that bridge one at a time, the little stinkers! Tongue

They are still relative newbies!
Are those clouds.... 50 feet off the ground in those pics?

Your trails look so groomed. I guess they have to be with all the greenery. A guy could step 20 feet off the trail and never be seen again.

A volcano like that always makes for jaw dropping scenery. But they make me uneasy.... which reminds me...

I think its time we discuss the serious threat in the PNW of sasquach attacks on pack goats. I've heard they've been seen hunting and killing deer with their bare, but giant, hands. What could they do to a goat? They could kill it twice! Also that volcanic mountain is full of aliens. I heard it on youtube that someone astral projected and discovered the place was filled with them... And they're up to something.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
Yup, it is all true. Avoid the the Pacific Northwest at all cost.