Just a few short months
How to you go from this

to this 

in just a few short months.
This is my Beaumont from Linda Berens Circle 33 Packgoats in Moses Lake, WA
Nancy, is this the same guy (at the Rendy)?

Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
Nancy, he's gorgeous!! What a beautiful buck! If you lived closer I'd be pestering you to let me use him this fall. 

And yes, isn't it amazing how these young boys grow!? We got blindsided last year and ended up with an unplanned pregnancy because that very thing. Lightning was our last little buckling of the summer. He was the smallest of triplets so I left the cute little guy with his mama for a little longer after his bigger brothers went to their new home. He was such a sweet, innocent little thing that I thought surely he wouldn't be able to breed just yet, and I left him with his mama in the doe pen while we went out of town for just under two weeks in early September. I came home to a quite a shock when our cute little kidlet had transformed into a big, sleek, manly hunk of muscle and hormones. Being the sole defender of a herd of beautiful ladies transformed him quicker than I thought possible! He went straight to the buck pen that night, but he'd already managed a rendezvous with Petunia earlier in the week, so we had kids by February 1st this year.   Rolleyes
Yes, that is him at the Rendy. He was nearly 4 months. Now he is 7 months. He was castrated yesterday. Sore today but eating well. Ill be bummed when that pitch black martin lightens up it is so beautiful Over all he is a dark mahogany and I hoping that color will stay. I saw one of his sisters at Linda's and she is also very dark for an Oberhasli. Linda has some beautiful bucks. Personally I feel she is doing a tremendous job improving the Oberhasli for size and conformation.
Nano, I understand how kids at you place in the winter would make you nervous.