Neck mass?
I looked at it this morning relative to his chest and the enlargement appears to be isolated to his neck. I don't see anything between his legs and his belly is not tympanic or distended. He's not having difficulty breathing or bring up cud. An xray, however, is the only way of knowing for sure. So he goes back down to Deerfield Monday morning for chest xrays. Trying to take this one step at a time. As long as he's showing interest in living and sin't in pain or distress I'll do what I can for him.
PS This photo is from last summer. I didn't notice until just now that you can see enlargement just below his collar. I never noticed it until he shed out this Spring.  :-(

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow, my guess was wrong. A tumor indeed. He's older so I guess it makes more sense now.

My goat's hematoma on the head is still a problem. I let it go thinking it'd go down on its own, but it didn't... Vet installed a drain, but once that came out, the hole healed up and it started filling again. I just got done squeezing piss colored liquid out, and out popped a few round little spheres that had been floating around in there. Grody.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
(09-06-2018, 08:36 AM)Ann in NH Wrote: This photo is from last summer. I didn't notice until just now that you can see enlargement just below his collar. I never noticed it until he shed out this Spring.  :-(

Isn't it crazy how things can sneak up on you? You'd think, since we see these animals every day, that we'd catch stuff right away. But sometimes it's just the opposite. Something creeps up so slowly that we don't notice the tiny change until all of a sudden it's huge. I've found that to be the case with goats that are losing weight. I sometimes don't notice until the problem is already hard to fix. 

I wish you and Cary all the best. Good luck with his chest x-rays.