Disappointing Training Session
As I was leading our breeding buck soon-to-be-wether-pack-goat, I hope, out the farm gate for a trial run, our other six-in-training squeezed out the gate with us. Well, ok, that included Blackie and Frankie who did very well following us in Idaho and Butterscotch who followed well at Reynolds Creek along with the other two. It also included our three four-month-olds, first time out of the fence. I figured they would follow their daddy and my other three fine since they all seem to be pretty good buddies. Went well turning toward my neighbor's side of the farm until some showed an interest in her roses. Not good! So I called them away and started the bunch in the opposite direction, no problem. On the opposite side of our farm, however, the six except for.Daddy whom I had on a rope, stopped dead in their tracks and with their eyes fixated on us, started bleating frantically. I kept calling to them as I continued to lead big Daddy further away. After about 3-5 minutes of this, they broke and ran back to the farm gate. I was crushed fearing this could happen somewhere out in wilderness. Now that side of the farm in the neighbor's cow pasture, there is tremendous coyote activity at night. Another testimony to our guardian dog's.great protection. Is it normal for them to pull these shenanigans like this one at home where they know the area versus being more reliant on their human in unknown territory or do I have real reason to worry?

Messages In This Thread
Disappointing Training Session - by blackie's maiden - 09-04-2018, 02:41 AM
RE: Disappointing Training Session - by Perry - 09-04-2018, 07:13 PM